Any appeals submitted will be heard in accordance with the timescales set out below.
- Appellants will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of their appeal hearing. Reasonable deadlines, which should be at least seven working days before the Appeal date, will be set for appellants to submit additional evidence, for the school to submit their evidence, and for the clerk to send appeal papers to the panel and parties. If these deadlines are not met, the Appeal date may be delayed.
- Appeals that are lodged on time for applications made under the normal admission round i.e. for Year 7, will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
- For late applications appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- For applications to Sixth Form, the offer place is conditional upon exam results and therefore appeals will be heard within 30 school days of the confirmation of results.
- For applications for ‘in-year’ admissions, appeals will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
- Decision letters will be sent within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible
The School Appeals Section at the Borough will write to you with a date for your appeal. Any extra papers for the appeal should be with School Appeals Section at least 7 working days before the Appeal date otherwise the date may be delayed.
If your child sat an In Year Test and you wish to appeal, please email email@example.com
If your child is in Year 6 you will be able to appeal for a place at Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School (once their school place has been confirmed in March) by completing an Appeal Form. Please click on the link here.
The deadline for lodging an appeal against a decision not to offer a place at Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School is 29th March 2022.