This school aspires to educate, in partnership with parents and pupils, inquiring, well-informed and compassionate citizens who will go on to make a better world by occupying positions of responsibility and influence.
Aims of the School
- To teach with high expectations, striving to ensure pupils fulfil their potential in both the academic and complementary curriculum
- To develop inquiring, knowledgeable, creative, and articulate lifelong learners
- To encourage pupils in leadership and other positive contributions to the life of the school and wider community
- To encourage pupils to adopt healthy, physically-active and safe lifestyles
- To develop pupils who are both happy and capable of future independence
- To develop pupils who will respect others, take responsibility for their own actions and become good citizens
- To ensure pupils display self-discipline and responsible behaviour that makes a positive difference to the life of the school
- To develop excellent working relationships between all those involved in the life of the school.
Values Guiding the Work of Staff and Pupils
- To be excellent role models in all we do
- To strive to make a positive difference
- To ensure that health and safety are never at risk
- To show respect for the environment
- To be calm, polite and fair in all our relationships
- To allow no place for any form of aggression or violence
- To act with open-mindedness, understanding and forgiveness
- To ensure the needs of the individual and school community are in harmony
- To show respect for each person’s unique role in the life of the school.