All pupils are expected to wear the appropriate school uniform as listed below. The school has two uniform suppliers which are:
J K Clothing, 14 Wellington Parade, Blackfen Road, Sidcup, Kent DA15 9NB.
Casey's, 244-246 Blakfen Road, Sidcup, Kent DA15 8PW.
Uniform may be purchased from JK Clothing website for home delivery using the password csgs842.
- All uniform where possible should be labelled with the pupil’s name.
- Uniform must, at all times be; neat, tidy, and clean.
- Boys must be clean shaven.
- Make-up is not permitted in Key Stages 3 & 4. Hair slides, headbands etc. must be plain and single coloured in black, white or purple.
- Staff reserve the right to comment critically on any pupil’s appearance. For this purpose, appearance also refers to hair length, style and colour. Extremes of fashion (including those relating to hair) are not tolerated.
- No jewellery is permitted, including ‘sleeper’ earrings. If ears are to be pierced, this should be done at the beginning of the summer holidays to allow time during which sleepers may be continually worn. Hair mousse, lacquer and gel are highly inflammable and are inappropriate and unsafe in the school context.
- If parents require advice about colour, length, style or anything else when purchasing clothing, it can be given in advance to save unnecessary time and expense.
- No responsibility can be taken by the school for items of personal equipment left on the school premises.
- Tippex must not be brought into school. Ball point pens are permitted for rough work only. Neat work must be attempted at all times.
- Equipment- pupils must have with them every day this essential list of classroom equipment: Pens (2 x black, 1 x purple, 1 x red), ruler, compass, protractor, eraser, pencil, pencil sharpener. All stored in a clear transparent pencil case.
- Scissors, only plastic safety scissors are permitted to be part of a pupil’s equipment.
- School bags should be waterproof, appropriate for school and able to be fastened to protect contents. Additional equipment is optional but must be kept separate from this essential list.
- Boots may be worn to and from school in bad weather. Boots may not be worn in school.
- For laboratory/workshop activities, a white laboratory coat is required. NOT NYLON.
- The Parents’ Association operates the sale of nearly-new uniform on a regular basis.
- Only accepted uniform as stated in the planner is to be worn to school, at school and on the way home from school.
- Any items that are confiscated (including all non-compliant clothing) will be kept in the School Office for parents to collect at a convenient time. Items will NOT be returned to pupils.